* 2 large carrots, chopped
* 4 ribs celery, chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 7-8 boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
* 1 32 oz box of vegetable or chicken broth
* 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons fish sauce
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon/lime juice
* sprinkle cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (omitted)
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (I didn't have fresh cilantro so I added some dry cilantro midway)
* ~8oz fresh baby spinach
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and saute in oil for to 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken turns white.
2. In a pot, saute onion, carrots and celery in a bit of broth.
3. Add coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, cayenne powder and turmeric. Simmer until the chicken is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Stir in fresh spinach and cook until wilted. Sprinkle with scallions and fresh cilantro and serve steaming hot.
This soup was a huge hit with my entire family.