Monday, November 26, 2007

"Haven't Been to the Grocery Store and I have two crabby kids" Lemon Chicken Piccata

12 skinless boneless chicken breast tenders, chopped in to bite site pieces
juice of 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 lemon thinly sliced and halved
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 garlic big garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup butter/butter sub
1 cup vegetable stock
3 tablespoons capers


Note: I am not an exact cook - so the above are my best guesses - I used the rest of the capers in the jar - which looked to be about 3 tablespoons, the paprika I eyeballed, lemon juice is approximate.

1. put chicken pieces in a big ziploc with the flour and paprika - smoosh around to coat.
2. melt butter in a large saucepan on medium
3. add garlic - cook for 1 minute. .
4. turn heat to med-highish. add chicken. cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink on the outside (I used a spatula to make sure that the pieces were not sticking together while it was browning)
5. add lemon juice and vegetable stock (I am sure this would be fine with chicken broth or stock but I had vegetable on hand). simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
6. add lemon slices (reserving a couple for garnish should you choose to photograph your meal ) and capers. cook until sauce has reduced by about 1/3 or 1/2. add kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste. Serve over pasta or rice (I mixed angel hair in the saucepan to sop up lots of sauce).

No comments: