Dairy Free Applesauce Spice Cake
1/4 cup Earth's Balance or other dairy free butter substitute
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup AP flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup shortening
1.5 cup sugar
1/2+ teaspoon vanilla
1/4 soymilk or other milk substitute
1 cup applesauce
1. Leave eggs and butter sub at room temperature for 30 minutes before mixing. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.
2. In a medium bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices. In another bowl mix together applesauce and milk sub.
3. With electric mixer beat together butter sub and shortening about 30 seconds. Beat in sugar and add eggs 1 at a time.
4. Alternate mixing in flour mix and applesauce mix. Beat until just combined.
5. Pour in to prepared pan and bake for 25030 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with powdered sugar, cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.