I needed dairy free creamed corn for a recipe tonight so I modified this recipe from WholeFoods.com
Enjoy this homemade version of creamed corn as a side dish or use instead of canned creamed corn in your favorite recipes. Recipe can easily be doubled or halved, as needed.
* 1 TB butter (used Earth's Balance)
* 1 TB unbleached flour
* 3/4 cup whole milk (used soymilk)
* 2 tsp evaporated cane juice sugar (used regular sugar)
* 11/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
* 1/8 tsp sea salt, or to taste (forgot the salt, oops)
Melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in the milk and then the sugar. Whisk constantly over medium heat until steaming and thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the corn and salt. Continue to cook, stirring often for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until corn is piping hot.
Makes equivalent to one 15-oz can creamed corn.