Monday, November 26, 2007

Alfredo Veggie Lasagna

Alfredo Veggie Lasagna
I made this HUGE lasagna when my non-tomato eating MIL was in town - it made for MANY servings/meals and some to freeze!


2 large carrots peeled and sliced thin
1 onion chopped
5-6 med. zucchini sliced thin
2 10oz package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
2 big cloves of garlic, minced
vegetable stock
olive oil

1 lb cooked lasagna noodles
2 jars classico alfredo
4 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
32 oz ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes


1. cook noodles
2. in a small amount olive oil sweat the onions and carrots, once they begin to soften add garlic. Add zucchini and spinach. Add vegetable stock as needed. Cook until veggies are tender crisp.
3. mix together eggs, ricotta, parsley
4. put a bit of sauce in the bottom of a large baking dish (I think my big one is 10 x 14). Layer 1/4 of pasta, veggies, sauce, ricotta mix, cheeses and repeat. (when I used up what I could pour out of the jar of sauce I swished some milk to get it all out and make sure my lasagna wasn't dry).
5. cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly throughout. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This is a very rich dish so a little goes a long way!

No comments: