I am still trying to wrangle up the bravery to attempt yeast bread - all that raising, kneading and attention really intimidates me. Today I tried this recipe for whole wheat beer bread from allrecipes. It was excellent. Super easy - in the oven in less than 10 minutes and baked perfectly in 50 minutes.
Whole Wheat Beer Bread
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Pour in beer, stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands. Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.