Sunday, February 3, 2008
Menu Planning Monday (on Sunday)
This week is a minimal shopping week. I am planning from the fridge, freezer and pantry with no blank spots for eating out. Next week I am going to work on creating a menu that creates lots of meals to freeze to aide in our quest to be dining-out-free for the month of February.
Sunday – Super Bowl Party - buffalo wings, dino chicken, carrots & celery w/ blue cheese dressing, potato chips & onion dip
Monday – spinach & bacon egg casserole, salad with blue cheese
Tuesday – crockpot Chicken cacciatore, whole wheat flax spaghetti
Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
Modified from allrecipes.
* 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce - make a quick red sauce
* 2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed - mixed peppers from freezer
* 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1 onion, finely diced
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic
1. Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with the spaghetti sauce, green bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
2. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
Wednesday - Veggie Egg Foo Young, brown rice
Thursday - Turkey & Black bean chili, corn casserole
Dairy Free Corn Casserole
modified from here
* 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
* 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
* 1 cup soymilk
* 2 cups defrosted frozen corn
* 2 teaspoons honey
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 eggs, well beaten
Melt margerine over low heat; add flour and blend. Add milk substitute gradually. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point. Add corn, honey, salt, and pepper; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in the beaten eggs; pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, or until firm. Serve alone as side dish or is wonderful under chili. May top with cheese or substitute.
- crockpot chicken & vegetable curry, barley
Saturday lunch - vegetable soup using up the veggies
Dinner - Leftovers or grilled cheese
Treats & Snacks:
flax seed granola
muffins - kids' choice
possibly try to make crackers
For more weekly menus visit www.orgjunkie.com