Saturday, March 6, 2010

Asian Coleslaw

ASIAN COLESLAW

Whisk together:
• 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
• 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
• 2-1/4 teaspoons minced garlic

Toss together:
• 2-1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
• 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
• 1 cup shredded napa cabbage
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 carrots, julienned
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Mix dressing and slaw together. Would be great with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.


I ran out of rice wine vinegar so finished it off with apple cider vinegar. I skipped the green onions, napa cabbage and red cabbage and upped the green cabbage because that is what I had (half of a huge green cabbage). This recipe was such a hit with my family that I only got a very small serving!

No comments: