* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup Earth Balance, softened
* 1 cup soymilk mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar (let sit for 10+ minutes before using)
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup Earth Balance, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease (olive oil) a large baking sheet.
2. In KitchenAid bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and Earth Balance. Stir in 1 cup of buttermilk and egg. Mix until mostly combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead slightly. Form dough into a approx. 2" tall round and place on prepared baking sheet. Brush loaf with melted Earth Balance. Use a sharp knife to cut an 'X' into the top of the loaf.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 30 to 50 minutes, occasionally brushing loaf with melted Earth Balance. Cool on wire rack.
Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amazingly-Easy-Irish-Soda-Bread/Detail.aspx